Mission & Values
:: Mission: To serve, connect and equip ATLAS communities and staff
Our mission is not to survive or even thrive--our mission is to SERVE. Our mission flows from Paul's admonition to the church in Ephesus giving them the charge, "to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
:: Purpose: To duplicate and sustain the ATLAS model with excellence
We believe that God has brought ATLAS Group into existence for such a time as this. We believe that our purpose and calling is to take the Biblical model of ATLAS into communities where God has already been working and help them establish a similar outreach center that helps hurting people, equips the saints and unites the community in the name of Jesus.
:: Goal: Raising up leaders who will develop the services of ATLAS with excellence
Whether it is hurting people, staff, or leaders of ATLAS our goal is to help them 'Live Without Limitations' and find joy in the journey of discovering their unique potential in Christ.
:: Principles: The following non-negotiable core principles comprise the very heart of ATLAS Group and are the foundational principles upon which each new ATLAS will be developed:
- Luke 19 states, "Christ came to seek and to save that which was lost." Following in Christ's footsteps, ATLAS Group and each community it has the privilege of working along side will focus on helping the hurting and lost find redemption, restoring broken relationships and uniting the body of believers.
- John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."
- John 15;4-5 "Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
- ATLAS group seeks to "Go where Christ is working." That being said we need to be in constant prayer and communion with God to discern His will and direction for our ministry. Each team member is greatly encouraged to make prayer a part of their workday.
- I Thessalonians 5: 17-18 "Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with all thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
- We feel strongly that the impact of ATLAS Group relies solely on the Holy Spirit providing the needed wisdom and counsel to transform lives and communities. God tells us in His Word that it is "neither might nor human power, but by His Spirit that great things will be done." Zechariah 4:6
- II Corinthians 4:7 "We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
- Isaiah 61: 1-4 "The Spirit of the sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all those who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."
4. Grounded in Mentoring
- God demonstrates the importance of living in community and relationship with others by giving us the example of Jesus' ministry. Jesus was willing to go off His intended path to invest in those people who needed him. In the book Connecting, Larry Crabb writes, "There is power in community. It is the power of connection, of entering someone's life with the energy of Christ, of seeing someone's heart with the mind of Christ, of touching someone's soul with the love of Christ."
- Galatians 6:2 "Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
- I Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
- Christ's body refers to the entire body of believers, not just one particular denomination. It is crucial for the effectiveness and sustainability of ATLAS to work hard at connecting with each Christ-centered church in the community, making sure there is representation on our board from different churches and that we are keeping each congregation informed about the work and progress of ATLAS. We must seek to be unified for the sake of advancing the Kingdom.
- Ephesians 4:12-13 "To prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
- I Corinthians 1:10 "I appeal to you brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought."
- Ephesians 4: 3-5 "Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one spirit just as you were called to one hope when you were called - one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."